Welcome to Atlanta's
Women of Courage
1. Live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church's teaching on homosexuality.
2. Dedicate ones life to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
3. Foster a spirit of fellowship in which all may share thoughts and experiences, and so ensure that no one will have to face the problems of homosexuality alone.
4. Be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in a chaste Christian life and in doing so provide encouragement to one another in forming and sustaining them.
5. Live lives that may serve as good examples to others.
Nice to meet you...
The Five Goals of Courage
We are a group of women personally familiar with the experience of same-gender attractions, who desire to please God through living chaste lives. We seek to encourage our fellow sisters in Christ as we strive to this end.
"You shall bring forth a Son," the angel said "and give Him the name Jesus" (Lk 1:31).
She did not doubt the possibility of what the angel was saying,
For nothing is impossible with God (Lk 1:37). She asks only how the mystery will take place.
How discreet her question is! How modest!
She says no more and no less than is required.
Here you may recognize a soul that makes purity its treasure.
Like a delicate flower, it fears the least breeze.
A glance... even a single glance and it is on guard.
~Imitation of Mary
♫ It might not be obvious... but you're not alone. He's gonna let you wander... but never on your own. ♫
"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up!"
Oh Saint Maria Goretti who, strengthened by God's grace,
did not hesitate even at the age of twelve to shed your blood and sacrifice life itself to defend your virginal purity.
Look graciously on the unhappy human race which has strayed far from the path of eternal salvation.
Teach us all, and especially youth,
with what courage and promptitude we should flee for the love of Jesus anything that could offend Him or stain our souls with sin.
Obtain for us from our Lord victory in temptation, comfort in the sorrows of life, the grace which we earnestly beg of thee (here insert intention),
and may we one day enjoy with thee the imperishable glory of Heaven. Amen.
Teach me that God must be my first love and that all other love is based on Him and Him alone.
Obtain for me the grace to cease toying with the occasions of sin
and to remember that my body and the bodies of all in grace are temples of the Holy Spirit, destined someday for a glorious resurrection.
Through your beautiful example, teach me the value and dignity of Christian modesty.
Grant that I may never be the occasion of dragging others into Hell, by suggestive words or evil deeds of any kind.
Through the merits of your Martyrdom, obtain for me the grace to turn aside from sin, no matter what the cost,
so that one day I may enjoy Heaven with you and all the other saints. Amen.